Thursday, March 10, 2011

Screw The Books Pick of the Day



Coming off of a 3-1 day (an average day for this Greek), Jimmy The Greek has an early day recommendation for those that read this before tip-off...

St. John's +4

Depending on what website you use, the spread opened at St. John's +2.5 and has since moved to +4. In a later blog I will point out a handful of things to look for when betting but this right here meets a few of those criteria. The first being that you should look for opportune times to fade the public, specially spread moves that come close to game time because the majority of that money is coming from your average joe and not professional gamblers. The second being when a spread is moving against a home team. Now I know this is a "neutral" court and Syracuse will be well represented but statistically almost every player on St. John's shoots better at MSG than they do on the road. The final thing I like about this game is that there seems to be a theme developing through out the first three rounds of the Big East tournament and that is underdogs are doing extremely well against the spread (6-3 by my unofficial count). There you have it, the first of many winning picks to come your way over the coming month.

2 comments:

  1. The old "3-1 yesterday when I didn't post my picks for the public" trick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never doubt the Greek. But if you must know, I had Iowa State +6, UConn -4, and Rutgers +10 as winners and Missouri -11 as my loser.

    ReplyDelete