Monday, March 28, 2011

Final Four - WOW


Count'em. 2 people that submitted brackets through ESPN got this Final 4 right.  That is insane.  I mean Butler vs. VCU.  What the hell is going on?  Butler doing this in back to back years is unbelievable, but thinking about what VCU has accomplished is just insane. 5 games to get the final 4.  First Four to Final Four. Crazy.  And how bout the name of VCU's coach: SHAKA SMART.  That name is just so bad ass.  I mean really, Shaka Smart.  Put that guy at a big school and watch the talent come.  I am basing that all on his name.  If his name was not so cool, I would not say that, but a name like Shaka is going to play in the inner city and he is going to be scooping up kids everywhere.  Question: Who you want to play for? Bill or Shaka.  I think 9 times out of 10 they will play for a guy named Shaka.  I am a Shaka'd that VCU is still playing. I was hating.  Everyone was hating on them and look what they have done.  They have turned the hate into just beating people's asses of all sizes.  Giant killers.

And then there is Brad Stevens.  This is an even better story that Shaka because Brad has done it twice and lost a kid to the NBA Lottery. I mean Shelvin Mack has been insane but, look at who these guys have beat. It is incredible. Pitt, Florida, ODU, and Wisconsin.  This is just a great story for basketball. Brad Stevens has to be considered the best non-major program coach in America for taking a school like Butler to the final four in back to back seasons.  I mean  when he was screaming "THIS IS OUR TIME" at this players on Saturday I was getting chills.  He is such a quiet guy, but he knows how to motivate a team and just acts like he's been doing this forever.  It is awesome.  WHAT A TOURNAMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment