Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bulls Bench Nicknames Update

In case you have not been checking out the comments section, here are the responses:

1.) WatTurkBrewVerThomTajastan - This one I find to be somewhat funny because it kinda has the Middle Eastern/Eastern European feel to it and while only the Sheik hails from that region, this name actually does have some flow to it.   Problem with this is that it is just to big to throw on a T-shirt.

2.) High Fives and Old Guys- Also, not bad, but I think we can do better. 

And then there is this response which was very well thought out, other than the Bulls bench is not expendable:

"I'm thinking of a like 90s theme style name.. back then every title had "Bulls" in it.. UnforgetaBULLS and UnbelievaBULLS.. stuff like that. So hear me out.. much like last year's huge blockbuster hit.. I am thinking

ExpendaBULLS

they have all the elements for it...

Kurt Thomas is your Sylvester Stallone type.. old, some what forgotten, but when he is called on he delivers.

Kyle Korver is the Jet Li an sneaky assassin type called on when you need that shooter with pinpoint accuracy.

CJ Watson is like Jason Statham.. he is smooth but can be a bit streaky and makes some gem plays but some idiotic ones as well

Taj Gibson is like Terry Crewes.. comes in strong with his D and always covers the middle strong and has his teammates backs

Omer Asik is like Dolph Lundgren.. we were a little unsure of his play at first but he has made a miraculous turnaround and is playin his best ball of the season

thanks for reading this diatribe.. let me know what you think
- you want to know what I think Mr. Anonymous. I think all of your character portrayal references are just genius, but the issues has to be that these players are simply not expendable.  I am a fan of working in the bull at the end of it, but I just don't know how good UNExpendaBULLS is.  Do we like UNExpendaBULLS?

I would add that Brian Scalabrine was not mentioned and while I have not seen the massive blockbuster smash that was the Expendables, there has to be some character that was coach like, a very behind the scenes guy per se.  Apparently, Eric Roberts,  was in the movie. His career has some resemblance to Scalabrine seeing as they are both below  average at what they do for a living. That was a bit of cheap shot Scally and I'm sorry.  Please accept my apology.

1 comment:

  1. Turk nic names from Blog-a-Bull:

    The Iron Shiek
    Turkish Hammer
    Ottoman Obstacle
    Sultan of Block
    Turkish Delight
    Turkey Dunkwich*
    The Iron Turkin*
    TurkDunkenstein*

    *= Cush's ideas.

    ReplyDelete