Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why Can't Juan Pierre Catch Fly Balls

Now, if you read this site regularly you know what I think of Juan Pierre.  He Stinks.  No ifs ands or buts about it.  He stinks and I do not care what argument you make that he does not.  In Juan's defense, he has hit decent this year, and probably should have atleast one home run if not for the early season leader for catch of the year by former Cub Sam Fuld.  Well, lately, Juan has had a huge issue catching fly balls.  There is only one explanation for this: ENORMOUS HAT.  The guy wears a hat and its just too damn big to see.  Now Juan has always worn his hat like a gangster rapper and teenagers nowadays as opposed to like a real ballplayer. 
Now, Juan is no spring chicken anymore, but there is no reason that he should be playing the outfield like Alfonso Soriano.  Juan unlike Sori is not a guy who takes plays off, which means that Juan is just getting really bad.  Back to the issue of the hat though.  With that oversized brim which is pretty straight, how does Juan catch anything.  I hate the way he wears his hat and I hate the trend of how kids 10 years younger than me wear their hats like this and look like absolute jackasses.  This whole trend started with Juan and CC Sabathia.  I hate it passionately.  I am someone who believes in the bent rim of a cap.  The reason for that is when you bend the rim it can actually block the sun and keep it out of your eyes.   When I was coaching baseball, my second year my whole team had the straight brim look going on and I despised it.  They called me who was 25 at the time an old timer because I wore my hat the way it should be when your playing baseball.  They wore it like they were gangsters and left the stickers on and all that jazz.  Totally disgraceful.  Anyways, our record matched the way we looked.  10-20.  Pitiful.  All our team seemed to care about was how we looked, and the record showed that.

Next up. Matt Thornton.  Stop blowing saves. I know Juan can't catch, but you have to get through that. Stop sucking, it is screwing with my fantasy teams performance.  Get with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment