Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This past week in sports....


One of the more memorable weeks in sports in a long time.  Ranking the best events in reverse order:

#4 Commit to the Chief - Hawks have won two in a row in OT (Isles and Sharks) with game winning goals by Patrick Sharp.  They are #2 in points in the NHL, and play the #1 MinnyWild on Wednesday night

#3 The NBA is back - Free agency period started, the Bulls are stagnant, and CP3 trades to both teams in LA are shot down.  I would have been more excited to see him go to the Clippers if they could have kept Eric Gordon.  CP3 alley oops to the Blake-show on the reg.  Rip Hamilton cleared waivers and will probably be signed by the Bulls shortly.  Rumor is that GarPaxDorf didn't even offer JRich the entire mid-level exception.  Way to low ball him.  Plus, I met Captain Omerica at Nike Town.


#2 Tebow takes down the Bears - How can you not watch this guy and laugh.  Not because he isn't a good QB, but because of the circumstances of his wins and this crazy/weird association with his relationship to Catholicism/"Is he Jesus reincarnated on the football field?".  Since the Bears are done (I have no faith in Caleb), I will be fully entrenched in "Camp Tebow" for the rest of the season.

#1 Talkin' bout the HOO-HOO-SIERS - Will not say much on this topic even though it holds the top spot.  I was screaming so loud that my neighbors thought I was slaughtering a horse in the apartment.  (staying home on a Saturday night, pretty awesome, I know) Great win for IU and Tom Crean.  I don't want to say the Hoosiers are back, but they are well on their way from the abyss of the past 4 years.  Thanks to Squints for the video...........

No comments:

Post a Comment