Monday, January 9, 2012

Go see Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Hello friends,

Been a while since I had anything to say about movies but I felt stirred to action after A. watching ESPN give me 30 straight hours of Tim Tebow coverage. And B. learning that Devil Inside made 34M this weekend.

Listen. I've said this here before. You people need to stop watching super shitty reality TV, and movies. This is why you keep seeing them get made, because YOU keep seeing them. I'm pointing directly at your Blogmaster Jim and Ling-Ling(stop stealing my shit Ling-Ling).

By now everyone knows what Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is. 3 books, written by a Swedish author, that became the cat's meow a year ago. Of course the movies were made, made well I might add, in Sweden. Go ahead and rent those after you see the American version in the theater.

"But it's just another remake!" Hogwash. It is a remake but it's so much more than that. The production value is through the roof. The acting is outstanding from everyone. And the story is gripping. The film is directed by David Fincher who did movies like Seven. Super gritty and dark. This movie kicks even more ass if you haven't read the book because you don't know whats going on. Trent Reznor did the soundtrack with the same guy he teamed with for The Social Network so each scene makes you feel like YOU are the one being stalked. Get there for the opening credits, its wild and creepy.

Rooney Mara, related to the NYG football family I believe, is outstanding. Not sure if it's the perfect role for her or if she is an amazing actress. She hasn't been in much else so hard to tell but I think she is super hot so that's a plus. Playing her character is not easy. Dan Craig (James Bond) is very solid as well. There are a host of other talented actors in the film that you will recognize.

I'd even suggest seeing this in IMAX if you can. I did and it was worth it. I haven't been so on edge in a movie since Crash, that scene where the little girl jumps into her Dad's arms and you think she got shot. Yeah I had that same gut wrenching feeling through about half of this movie and even closed my eyes once or twice. It really brings you in.

Anyway, go see it, its awesome but isn't making any money in middle America, and that puts the sequel in jeopardy. Drag your dumb wifeys and girlfriends with you. It's 287% better than Real Housewives of Highland Park.

Full disclosure: this is not a movie from the studio I work for, so I have no interest in it other than its awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment